Saturday, March 6, 2010

An Affair Of The Mind

You know I often look at paintings and statues and appreciate them from the artists perspective and leave it at that. I never try to interpret them at their location but once I look through the pictures of the ones I chose to capture, I realize I must of subconsciously taken the photo because of what I felt inside.

Take this picture for example, I took this photo in May 2006 in Monte Carlo. For some reason it spoke to me. Four years later, as I contemplate life like any midlife reaching freak does, I decided this statue absolutely describes how I feel at this point in life. Just in case you don't get it - the statue tells me it's all about the mind, all relations in life are all about the mind. Not so much the physical touch, nor compassion but simply relating to one another through the mind.

Think about it, what percentage of your being and feeling and emotion is physical and which is mental? Throughout your life don't you spend the majority of the time playing mind games with anyone and everyone to get your way? Isn't it true that to really get under some one's skin, you drive them insane mentally? How do you raise your child? Where do you truly feel pain? The list is endless.

So not knowing why I took a picture of this statue in 2006 and completely relating to it in 2010 means I now fully understand the true meaning of wisdom. I suppose so did the sculpturer, he must have been midlifing as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment