Friday, March 12, 2010

Is There Anybody Listening?

You know I love writing and have dabbled at it all my life. Whether I write
a poem or my thoughts in a greeting card or my novel and blogs, I do it as a means of self expression first and a publication second.

I have alot to say just in case you haven't noticed but historically too afraid to say them and recently too angry to say the right things. I have always asked why, how, what for, how come not the other way, and more why's, and yet these question often have irritated people in my life and thus labeled me "difficult to deal with" rather than considering me an artistic person with a curious mind. I love a good challenge and always consider looking outside the box for solutions rather than take the safe way out. What has been the most disturbing to me is that the people that count the most in my life often opt for the box and no challenge whatsoever. Keep it simple, don't ask questions and always say "I don't know"

So I clash and I beat my head against the wall and write as a way of expressing my own version of logic and hoping that someone somewhere is going to read it and say "Wow, I understand and I feel the same as you"

Couple of days ago I shared this blog with an estranged friend of mine who I found on Facebook, whom I have known for about 10 years (wow, I didn't realize it was that long) and she actually gave me the best encouragement and hope I have had or heard in a long time. I always knew we had alot in common but now realize how important my friendship was and hopefully is with this person. She is a straight shooter, who also questions everything in sight and is not satisfied with the simple way out of things.

So, someone heard me and understood my way of thinking and self expression and for that I want to thank her from the bottom of my heart. Hopefully we can rekindle our friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment