Thursday, May 20, 2010

Blood Pressure Results

Yes the drive to the medical clinic was worth it for sure. My blood pressure check up was about 2 minutes if not less and based on the results I still have high blood pressure. Not at all surprising. So the nurse practitioner or a nice lady working at my doctor's office told me she would hand me a pamphlet which would explain what I can do to reduce my high blood pressure, this is after doing a checklist with me of what I MAY be doing wrong. The questions were:
Do you smoke? NO
Do you drink? sometimes
Do you eat fruits and vegetables? yes, daily
Do you eat protein? yes, daily
Do you exercise? yes, daily
Do you eat fried foods? maybe once a month if at all

She finally said, "well you do all the right things so it must be stress" (I thought to myself there is that word again) and I, with a guilty look on my face, nodded in agreement. So I got the pamphlet anyway even though I was doing everything right according to her questions and was told to go home and try to relax. (???)

No comments:

Post a Comment