Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Face Lift, Hollywood and Me

It is difficult reaching midlife and watching one's wrinkles, among other bodily mishaps, deepen and take shape like the Grand Canyon. And it seems no matter how much lotion you put on and overnight creams and make up, it doesn't work consistently or continuously. Vitamins, pills, botox beads and more are overrated, overpriced and promise to do things to you that of course are not realistic.

I love it when a celebrity, when asked what they feel about botox and cosmetic surgery, immediately say NO they do not believe in them, as if trying to convince themselves and us that Au Natural is the way to go. HA! I say to them while laughing of course. No hard feelings, cause as I always say, it is what it is. They have photo touch ups and camera ready makeup, while the rest of us have Oil of Olay and Este Lauder to rely on.

I think I could live with myself as I prune away and shrivel before I die, if I were able to avoid all fashion magazine covers and TV commercials as well as celebrity talk, but until someone puts a lid on all the hype of anti-aging and anti-wrinkling "secret formulas" I will forever feel like crap as I wake every morning to discover a new dept in my wrinkles and signs of aging.

an exert from InStyle Magazine from an intervew with Salma Hayek: On whether she’d ever have plastic surgery: “No surgical tweaks. No Botox either. Look. [She raises her eyebrows.] I think it is terrible, these girls in their late 20s injecting their faces and lips. One told me, ‘If I kill my muscles now, I’ll never get wrinkles.’ Can you imagine?”

Salma Hayek, I will tell you this, if I were married to a multi millionaire French businessman and probably have not a care in the world such as yourself, I may also find a way to fib a little about BOTOX and Plastic Surgery, in the meantime stop looking so good and so happy, it really isn't doing anything for my self esteem.

No comments:

Post a Comment