Monday, February 1, 2010

Living In Los Angeles




In 2007 I had the wonderful opportunity of living in Los Angeles because of my work. No, I regret to say, it wasn't making movies. I had a nine month contract with a previous employer of mine to go down to LA and close a retail shop for his company. As a result of my expertise, I obliged and happily went. After all it was an all expense paid time to study the place I always dreamed of moving to and so the journey began.

On the flight to LA, I began to reflect upon the time my parents decided to move to the United States from the Middle East. Once the decision was finalized, I ran to the corner of the living room where I always hid from the world and cried to myself. I was sick to my stomach to know we were going to move and leave everything and everyone behind. I smiled because 35 years later, I jumped when I was told I had to live in LA and as the plane descended over LA, I knew there was nowhere else I would rather be and no one I was truly going to leave behind. I was finally home, temporarily and hopefully permanently.

The pics I included are of the street and place I lived during my stay. It was a wonderful street in Los Feliz neighborhood. Charming, artistic and extremely surreal. At least to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment