Saturday, February 20, 2010

Not Getting Any Sleep


Not getting any sleep or very little sleep, as we know it causes all types of health issues. But what if no matter how hard you try, you just can't sleep, you toss and turn and look at the clock and then toss and turn and try to breath and relax, it just doesn't work. What do you do then?

I have been dealing with insomnia for a while, it mostly comes about a week before my other most dreaded thing in life or when I just can't get things done. I spend the entire night grasping for air and staring at the ceiling. I try to avoid sleeping pills at all cost and end up using my i-pod as a means of finding peace and relaxation and neither work.

I just realized that I am actually becoming like my mother about my sleep habits. She, I thought couldn't sleep because she took medication and it messed up her system, but I don't take anything and I spend the same amount of time at night being awake as her. Funny thing is that I figured if I got a new bed (which was long overdue) I would be sound asleep, but that isn't even helping.

I wish I could afford a message or some sort of escape to relax my mind. It seems everything I do stresses me out these days (because I have a full plate) and there is no outlet to release the tension or the anxiety. So, I wait and wait and hope that once the "short sale" goes through on our home in Sacramento, and hopefully when I find a job, some of the stress and anxiety will disappear. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment