Sunday, April 4, 2010

Avoiding Misunderstandings

Now here is a subject matter that is probably the most frustrating to me. Being misunderstood, misunderstanding one another and the worst, misinterpreting an understanding.

In my opinion, I have come a long way but I also understand that I still have a long way to go in life. Lately I have spent alot of time reflecting upon various aspects of my life and trying to decipher what I need to change and what I must improve upon. But along this discovery I am finding more and more everyday that what I mean to say and what I want to hear people say are not necessarily what is understood. I try to be as clear as possible when I speak but for some strange reason, perhaps call it old age or maybe too much on my mind, I just don't get the point across as well as I would like to and as a result may not hear what I want to.

But at the same time I am also seeing that people around me are having the same trouble communicating as well. So I have to ask - what the hell is going on? I wonder is it too much of communicating via telephone, text, facebook, email that is causing this type of misunderstandings? Or is it a result of no one being able to see eye to eye anymore on anything? Maybe perhaps everyone has an opinion and feels the need to express them.

It is becoming more and more difficult to meet people on the same wave link as me in order to feel comfortable enough to say what I want without feeling as if I am offending anyone or simply being misunderstood.

No comments:

Post a Comment