Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cartier For My Soul

I had the wonderful opportunity to visit the Legion of Honor Museum's Cartier exhibit (San Francisco) a week ago and I must say, the experience was worth every penny.

As a woman, of course I am naturally mesmerized by diamonds and as a result love to frequent quality jewelers around Union Square to see the new pieces on display. With that said, Cartier is no doubt my all time favorite jeweler, not only because of the name and origin, but more so because the effort the designers make in creating each "masterpiece" as uniquely and exquisitely as possible.

The San Francisco exhibit of course is a collection of custom designed jewelry for heiresses and actresses, mostly from the U.S., who ordered the various pieces over the course of a few decades throughout the 20th century. I cannot begin to tell you how elegant and breathtaking the pieces are and how Divine the entire display.

As I walked throughout the exhibit, I stood in front of each piece and imagined the woman wearing it during a period in history they lived through. I was completely touched and overwhelmed by all the beauty and sparkle and when I finally walked out after spending four hours in the exhibit halls, I felt a sense of serenity which I cannot explain, but I am certain everyone who has visited the exhibit understands what I am talking about.

For a more detail description of some of the pieces please click Cartier In America Exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment