Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fashion Guidlines for Women Over 40

Pictured: Cotton jacket, American Eagle, $59.50, visit ae.com.Bodycon mid-length skirt, Topshop, $50, visit topshop.com

I have never followed fashion trends for more reasons than one.
Reason one: Fashions come and go faster than one can pay off the credit card charges.
Reason two: Some fashion is simply ridiculous and a waste of money
Reason three: Not all "in fashion" merchandise is for everyone.

So with that said, I often wear what I like the day I buy it and that is the end of it. Of course occasionally I see a woman dressed to kill walking down the street and I do look at her more than once to make sure I made a mental note of her attire just in case I had the guts to invest in something similar to it. But most of the time I stay within my comfort zone and wear solids and neutral colors so that no matter what I am always in fashion one way or another without really being in fashion.

The moral of this blog entry is that, since I have reached my midlife mark, I want to explore fashion and try to figure out a way to dress to kill without filing chapter 11. I don't promise anything but I would like to look for ways to find a new fashion for women over 40 and keep you posted of my recommendations. So stay tuned on my journey of creating my wish list of obtaining a new look for myself.

1 comment:

  1. I am loving Kendall Farr's new book, Style Evolution. I had her Pocket Stylist a few years back. This book is far better.

    ReplyDelete