Monday, April 5, 2010

Chasing Dreams and Finding Dead Ends


At what point do you come to terms with the fact that chasing some dreams are simply a waste of time or just plain not good for you?

It's funny some dreams or wishes have come to me so quickly and almost the day I wish for them and yet others, I can wish and dream about all I want and it either takes forever or it never comes. So I ask myself at what point do I stop wishing for it and dreaming about it. When will I get the message that it is time to move on? I have been pretty fortunate because no matter what I have strived for or dreamt about in the past I was able to accomplish and hence never having a problem with catching a dream I was chasing. This doesn't necessarily mean the end result was for the best but at least I was able to say I did it as I dreamt about it.

Now, it's been going on two plus years of dreaming and hoping for one thing and another and yet nothing has panned out. I have searched high and low for answers, I have walked the beach, frequented churches and asked higher beings and wished on stars and yet nothing and this my friends has completely shocked and discombobulated my whole being. I am not used to not getting my wishes and dreams fulfilled. So back to the question, at what point do you tell yourself to stop chasing some dreams because all you will find is a dead end.

No comments:

Post a Comment