Monday, April 5, 2010

Insecurities


In life, the worst character flaw we all seem to have is being insecure. When I was young, I always believed I was the only one experiencing this particular flaw, but as I got older and have interacted with so many individuals, I have realized the driving force of everyone's life is their own insecurities.

It is sad to come to terms with, to say the least and annoying burden to say the most. This particular "flaw" tends to paralyze a person from doing most things in order to achieve the level of happiness they are worthy of. And because of this "flaw" most people tend to talk themselves out of what they are capable of.

The other fact of this "flaw" is that it is the main problem and cause of most unions between two people from ever materializing in the utmost positive fashion. This "flaw" is the problem behind staying put in unproductive relationships and this "flaw" is the cause of most break ups in relationships. It forces us to either remain in an unhappy life or run from a good one in hopes of finding something that will make us feel less insecure.

Sad part is we just can't seem to get away from this "flaw" no matter how hard we may try and we tend to rely on it as if it were a drug. I personally would love to wake up one morning and do EVERYTHING without worrying about my insecurities and maybe then I wonder would I ever achieve everything in life as it is meant to be?

1 comment: